Salary: $16 an hour
Job Type: Part-time
Shift and Schedule: Weekend availability
Reports to: Stage Manager/Assistant Stage Manager
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Sunday. Typically, a 3 to 4-day performance schedule per production, this will change during off show periods, load in, and tech periods.
Compensation: $16 per hour
Posting date: April 2023
Backstage Crew member for Anne & Gilbert the Musical 2023 Season.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the stage manager/assistant stage manager:
- Work with the Assistant Stage Manager
- Manage cues and possibly actor’s entrances during performance.
- Oversee the entire show each time it is performed.
- Help create a prompt script compiled with notes on Actor’ cues and requirements for props, lighting and sound.
- Assist with making alterations to the set and props between scene changes
- Assist with maintaining props during the show’s run
- Assist with wig washing if needed
- Moving set, and props and other equipment according to set requirements.
- Assist with performing a variety of backstage and maintenance tasks.
- Assembling equipment and support structures and breaking them down when the show is over & being built.
- Assisting performers with wardrobe changes and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Ensuing all signs or banners are put up inside and around the production venue.
- Sweeping the stage between shows and removing any backstage waste products.
- Running errands when required.
- Understudy Assistant Stage Manager – Calling a Show.
Qualifications and skills
- Comfortable working at heights and in cramped spaces.
- Ability to safely move heavy items up to 50lbs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and execute them accurately.
- Ability to perform complex technical scene shifts under stress and pressing time deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules, scene shift plans, and locations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and maintain a positive and productive atmosphere in a group environment.
- Ability to work all shifts, primarily nights, weekends and daytime technical rehearsals and understudy rehearsals.
- Ability to move quickly, often while carrying scenery or props.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Backstage crew experience is desirable.
Position available starting May 9, 2023. Email submissions only. Please submit a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Stage Crew” in the subject line.
Anne & Gilbert Stage Management will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls or faxes. Only complete submissions will be considered.