Town of Stratford Artist Bursary
The Town of Stratford has embraced the concept of Sustainability and has a vision of a future where: residents social, physical, and spiritual needs are met, where our culture is diverse and thriving, where our heritage is protected and celebrated, where our natural environment is protected and respected, where there is a thriving local economy and where there is an open, accountable, and collaborative governance system.
The Town of Stratford will support Artists/Artisans, residing in Stratford.
The goal of the bursary is to ease the financial burden to Artist/Artisans as they continue their education/skill development.
This program awards bursaries for full time, part time and short-term studies.
The Value of this bursary is a maximum of $1,000.00 annually.
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- To be eligible, applicants will be residing in Stratford and lived in Stratford for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- To be considered for this bursary, please complete the Application Form, and submit the following.
- Artist Statement (PDF)
- CV/resume (PDF)
- Portfolio of recent artistic work (images, text, or audio/video)
- 350-word description of applicant’s professional career plans.
- Two (s) letters of recommendation.
- Current profile picture of you to be used for media release, social media, and Town’s webpage. This photo will be made public if your application is successful.
- List continuing education and/or skill development you wish to attend. Please include dates, location, cost, name(s) of qualified/certified instructor(s) facilitating course/workshop, travel expenses, and other pertinent information.
- Please allow one month, from receipt of bursary application, to process application.
- Deadline is February 1 by 12:00 pm (noon). If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it moved to the next business day.
- Studies completed before the competition deadline are not eligible.
- Short-term studies beginning before the competition deadline are not eligible.
- An artist may submit only one application for the bursary program per deadline.
- Town of Stratford reserves the right to revise programs at any time without notice.
- Eligible artist disciplines include craft, textile arts, dance, culinary arts, literary arts (including spoken word, storytelling, literary performance, and literary translation), media arts, multidisciplinary arts, classical and non-classical music, theatre arts, architecture, and visual art.
- Would you be willing to mount a public exhibition of your work at the Stratford Town Centre? Yes or No.
- Applications will be accepted by either dropping off to the Town of Stratford offices (234 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford, PEI C1B 2V8) during regular office hours, by mail, or via email at email@example.com Please direct any questions to the Arts and Culture Programming Coordinator at 902-569-6925 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The bursary will be paid in full to the successful applicant upon receipt of official confirmation of enrollment from the institution. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the institution in order to request that official confirmation of enrollment be sent to the mailing address below or emailed to email@example.com
If official confirmation of enrollment is not received by the Town of Stratford within nine (9) months following the application deadline for the competition in which the bursary was awarded, the award will be considered cancelled, and funds will no longer be available to be disbursed.
Applicants who do not complete the studies for which the bursary was awarded will be required to reimburse the total amount received back to the Town of Stratford.