Creative PEI is looking to hire a student who is:
- currently enrolled in a recognized Post-Secondary Education institution and
- has a background in photography
to help capture images of local artists for a website aimed at increasing the online discoverability of Prince Edward Island creative sector workers.
Applicants must be:
- Registered as a student in a recognized Canadian Post Secondary Education institution in any program or field of study
- Legally allowed to work in Canada according to the laws and regulations of the province or territory where they work
- Either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person granted refugee protection under the law.
- Regretfully, due to the requirements of the program which will fund this position, International Students in Canada on a Student Visa are not eligible.
Duties could include:
- Creating, curating, and publishing content including:
- photos of artists
- photos of artworks
- videos of artists, artworks, or events
- creating videos to promote artists, venues, and events
- Participating in QA testing functionality of the website
The successful candidate will be a student enrolled in a program, or have extensive experience in Photography and Photograph Editing.
Other assets could include:
- Experience within PEI’s arts and culture community, its business models, and the types of people who work in it.
- Experience with content management software – i.e. WordPress
- Experience with Videography / Video Editing
- Experience with Graphic Design
Creative PEI is committed to increasing the diversity of our workplace.
Start Date is flexible – The candidate can start asap, but the start date can also be delayed depending on the candidate’s availability.
Hours are flexible – We have 600 hours to offer between now and March 31, 2023.
Location is flexible – The successful candidate will be expected to work some of the time in our Charlottetown office, but remote work is possible depending on candidate’s location and experience. The candidate will also be asked to travel to photograph artists on location.
Pay is $16 per hour.
Please send a cover letter, resume and link to samples of your photography to:
Devon Strang – Digital Development Coordinator