Creative PEI is looking to hire a student currently enrolled in a recognized Post-Secondary Education institution as an Digital Content Coordinator to help build a prototype of a web-based content portal aimed at increasing the online discoverability of Prince Edward Island creative sector workers.
Applicants must be:
- registered as a student in a recognized Post-Secondary Education Institution
- Legally allowed to work in Canada according to the laws and regulations of the province or territory where they work
Duties could include:
- creating, curating, and publishing content including:
- brief artist bios
- photos of artists
- photos of artworks
- videos of artists, artworks, or events
- links to other websites where artists promote or sell their work
- creating graphic assets to use throughout the portal and on social media
- creating videos to promote artists, venues, and events
- assessing / contributing to marketing plans
- assessing / contributing to business plans
- improving functionality of the portal software
- improving appearance of the portal software
The successful candidate will be a student enrolled in a program where they are gaining skills in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Graphic Design
- Web Development – PHP / HTML / CSS
- Photography / Photograph Editing
- Videography / Video Editing
- Marketing / Social Media Marketing
- Journalism / Communications
- Commerce / Business Administration / e-Commerce
- Project Management
Other assets include:
- Experience within PEI’s arts and culture community, its business models, and the types of people who work in it.
- Experience with content management software – i.e. WordPress
Creative PEI is committed to increasing the diversity of our workplace.
Start Date is flexible – The candidate can start asap, but the start date can also be delayed depending on the candidate’s availability.
Hours and Location are flexible – We have 600 hours to offer between now and March 31, 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to work some of the time in our Charlottetown office, but remote work is possible depending on candidate’s location and experience.
Pay is $16 per hour.
Please direct questions and applications consisting of a cover letter and resume to:
Digital Development Coordinator