The Town of Stratford is seeking to engage a professional Artist(s) to develop and deliver an in person arts program for Stratford youth ages 6 to 12 years of age.
The objective of the program should be to give the children maximum opportunity for personal expression, healthy activity, and expanded knowledge of various cultural art forms reflecting the growing diversity within their own community.
The development and delivery of the program, including equipment and supplies as required, is to provide for 40 hours of instruction, 40 hours of development, 40 hours of preparation/clean-up, and 10 hours of reporting for a total of 130 hours, and must be within the Town of Stratford’s budget of $4,250.00.
Supplies and equipment not to exceed $1,500.00.
The scope of service to be provided includes program development, program delivery and reporting.
Program Development: To include preparing and presenting a detailed class timetable; identifying additional support if required; and, preparing a program which demonstrates continuity in skill development and cultural/historical content.
It is anticipated that one (1) hour per every hour of instruction would be allotted to program development.
Development = 40 hours
Program Delivery: To include preparation for and clean-up after classes, for 40 hours of instruction. It is anticipated that one (1) hour per every hour of instruction would be allotted to preparation and clean up.
Preparation/clean-up = 40 hours
Instruction = 40 hours
Reporting: The successful proponent will maintain regular contact, by phone or email, with the Program Leader throughout the term of the project; will submit time sheets to the Town of Stratford on a bi-weekly basis, in advance of remunerations; and, will deliver to the Town of Stratford a final report and program evaluation within one week of completion of the program delivery.
It is anticipated that ten (10) hours would be allotted to the reporting tasks described above.
Reporting = 10 hours
Total Estimated Hours = 130
Sealed submissions clearly labelled “Town of Stratford Artist in Residence 2020 – Visual Arts Program for Stratford Youth” will be received at the Town of Stratford Town Centre located at 234 Shakespeare Drive, no later than 12:00 PM (noon) Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
This proposal request creates no obligation on the part of the Town of Stratford to award the contract or to reimburse proponents for proposal preparation expenses. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals, in whole or in part, received as a result of this request, and to negotiate in any manner necessary to best serve the interest of the Town.
At the election of the Town of Stratford, whether or not a proposal or proponent otherwise satisfies the requirements of the proposal request, the Town of Stratford may reject summarily any proposal received from a corporation or other person which has been anywise involved in litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution with the Town of Stratford within the five (5) year period immediately preceding the date on which the request for Proposals was published.
The Town of Stratford’s evaluation may include information provided by the proponent’s references and may also consider the proponent’s past performance on previous contracts with the Town of Stratford or other institutions.
Evaluation Criteria Maximum Points
1. Experience and Education
• Résumé, outlining education, certificates of training, record of relevant employment with dates and duties, exhibitions, awards, and reviews of the proponent’s work.
2. Portfolio of professional work and/or curriculums prepared for previous instructional employment.
• Samples of professional work and/or curriculums prepared for previous instructional employment.
• A syllabus of the courses the proponent is prepared to teach.
4. Letters of Recommendation and References
5. Current Police Record Check
= 10 points
The Town of Stratford may prohibit a proponent from participating in a procurement process based on past performance or based on inappropriate conduct in a prior procurement process, and such inappropriate conduct shall include but not be limited to the following: (a) the submission of quotations
containing misrepresentations or any other inaccurate, misleading or incomplete information; (b) the refusal of the proponent to honour its pricing or other commitments made in its proposal; or (c) any other conduct, situation or circumstance, as solely determined by the Town of Stratford.
Any questions in respect to this proposal request should be directed to the Recreation Program Leader, Tanya Craig, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 569-6925. Questions must be received no less than three (3) business days prior to the closing date stated herein.
The Town of Stratford/ Stratford Recreation, Culture and Events Department
234 Shakespeare Drive
- Proposal Submission:
Proponents are to include the following in their submission:
- Letter of interest, no more than two (2) pages in length, providing a personal introduction of the proponent, including complete contact information, reasons for interest in the position and description of relevant experience.
- Résumé, outlining education, certificates of training, record of relevant employment with dates and duties, exhibitions, awards, and reviews of the proponent’s work.
- A portfolio presenting ten (10) samples of professional work and/or curriculums prepared for previous instructional employment. Please provide a website link to proponent work, if available. Color-printed photographs are acceptable. Portfolios that need to be returned must be accompanied by a postage paid, self- addressed envelope. Alternatively, they can be picked up at Town Centre following award of contract.
- A syllabus of the courses the proponent is prepared to teach.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Fee to provide Development, Delivery and Reporting of the program as described herein. 7. Copy of a current Criminal Record Check.
Completed submission is to be delivered to the above noted address in a sealed envelope clearly marked as follows:
Town of Stratford Artist in Residence 2020 – Visual Arts Program for Stratford Youth Attention: Tanya Craig, Recreation Program Leader
- Projected Timeline:
– Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 12:00pm: Proposal submission
– Monday, December 14, 2020: Contract to be awarded and signed
– January 11, 2021 to March 31, 2021: Program delivery, actual dates to be determined. – March 31, 2021: Submission of program summary and evaluation