CreativePEI has an opening for someone to coordinate our performing arts training and mentorship programs.
- Full-time – 37.5 hours/week
- 6 months term
- Start ASAP
- $22/hour plus vacation pay
Performing arts includes theatre, festivals and live performance venues. Skills gaps have been identified in technical, stage management and arts administration roles. One of the challenges that performing arts professionals face is the seasonality of PEI’s theatre scene. CreativePEI is taking a series of initiatives, in partnership with the performing arts community, to address these gaps and challenges.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director:
- Coordinate the performing arts side of the new Production Mentorships Program (the film industry side is being coordinated by FilmPEI)
- Connect with potential training organizations to figure out how to deliver a Performing Arts Production Fundamentals training course in
- Fall 2022. The program would provide an introduction to technical, stage management and operations skills to help new entrants launch their backstage careers.
- Organize and launch the first delivery of Performing Arts Production Fundamentals.
- Research pathways to developing a winter theatre scene on PEI to address the shortage of year-round theatre jobs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Project management
- Proposal and report writing
- Technical, stage management or arts administration skills would be an asset
- Background in performing arts
- Connections with performing arts organizations on PEI
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Send an email describing why you would be a good fit for this position and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org