The United Way of Prince Edward Island has developed a program specifically for new Executive Directors in the community sector who seek advanced leadership skills and training in how to effectively lead a not-for-profit organization.
Today’s Executive Director requires empathetic leadership and sophisticated management skills. With the right blend of training, coaching, mentorship, and networking, the ED Academy will enable you to thrive as a leader.
ED Academy is a 12-month training, coaching, and mentorship program comprised of:
– An online classroom with on-demand training modules
– Monthly coaching and mentoring sessions (50% in person and 50% virtual)
– Access to a community portal where participants can interact with each other in between sessions
– Optional accountability groups for additional support
– Participating Executive Directors (EDs) will receive:
– On-demand curriculum that will provide the specific, and often missing skills, customized to their needs
– Coaching and Mentoring
– Organizational Development
– Leadership Development
– Networking and relationship-building with other sector leaders
The training will consist of 50% virtual sessions – via Zoom, online classroom; and 50% in-person sessions in Charlottetown PEI. The location for in-person meetings will be announced soon.
The program is set to begin on May 10th, 2023 from 9:30 AM – 12 PM. Further meeting dates will be announced soon.